Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unable to sign in to Amazon account

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 neilski

neilski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hi I have recently downloaded IE8 and have started receiving error messages when trying to sign in to my Amazon account. The details are: AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 Mod Name: embd3260.dll ModVer: 6.0.13.68 Offset: 0000b9f4 Can anyone help? Thanks Neil

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

I have no idea about that error\issue, but I have 2 suggestions to try in the hope at least 1 works, so click on Tools (you may need to press the Alt button to show it) - Internet Options, then click the Security tab, highlight the green check mark (Trusted Sites) then click Sites, uncheck the box in the bottom left corner and click Add, then close\exit out and see if that helps. The next suggestion is to try the compatibility button next to the enter\return button that you press to advance to the address, it's a part of ie8 that allows pages that aren't compatible with it to be viewed in it's prior state, I hope one of these helps cure this.

Braindead

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

If that doesn't work, go to Add and Remove Programs from the Control Panel and uninstall IE8. That will give you IE7 or IE6 back, which ever you had. Also, embd3260.dll is not a part if IE8 as far as I can tell, though it may have something to do with RealPlayer. Use the Search function and search for embd3260.dll. Post back with where it's found. That may help figure out what to do about it.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 neilski

neilski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I did what Guy suggested which resulted in no change. I uninstalled IE8 and still no difference. Searching for embd3260.dll didn't come up with any results either. The comment about Realplayer is interesting as I have noticed Realplayer appearing in the Start Up Registry in thge last couple of weeks as well. Hope this helps Neil

#5 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

I've been seeing a lot of add on's for ie8 causing issues, so just wondering if this may be an issue here, to check try and disable add on's and see if that makes a difference, if it does enable them back 1 at a time and check each time until the one causing this (if it is this) gets in the away again, that way you know what is behind this, if that makes no difference I can't think of anything else ATM, so hope it helps.

Braindead

#6 neilski

neilski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:14 AM

I've uninstalled IE8 and reverted back to IE7 and the issue is still there. I'm reluctant to try and install IE8 until I rectify the problem

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

When you searched for embd3260.dll, did you search hidden files and folders also? Also search the registry for embd3260.dll, see if it appears there. If so, post the key name it's found it please.

Rich

#8 neilski

neilski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

Found it in C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpplugins

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Try uninstalling RealPlayer. That should fix the problem. Then if you want it, reinstall it and see what happens.

Rich

#10 neilski

neilski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:04 AM

:thumbup: SORTED. Thanks very much

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

Rich