shbrooks
Topic Starter
Hello,
I need to reformat and reinstall windows on one of my computers as wanted to partition the hard disk but when reading Microsoft's tutorial on disk partitioning it says:
"Prepare the hard disk according to the manufacturer's instructions
If you are using a SATA hard disk, skip this step and go to the "Determine the type of file system that you want to use" section. If you are using an IDE hard disk, set the jumpers and the cabling according to the role of the hard disk (for example, master or subordinate) and make any required BIOS (or CMOS) changes. To set the jumpers and cabling, and make any required BIOS or CMOS changes, see the documentation that was included with your hard disk and motherboard, or contact the manufacturers."
I'm unsure whether my hard disk is SATA or IDE. How would I find this out?
Many thanks,
Sam
I need to reformat and reinstall windows on one of my computers as wanted to partition the hard disk but when reading Microsoft's tutorial on disk partitioning it says:
"Prepare the hard disk according to the manufacturer's instructions
If you are using a SATA hard disk, skip this step and go to the "Determine the type of file system that you want to use" section. If you are using an IDE hard disk, set the jumpers and the cabling according to the role of the hard disk (for example, master or subordinate) and make any required BIOS (or CMOS) changes. To set the jumpers and cabling, and make any required BIOS or CMOS changes, see the documentation that was included with your hard disk and motherboard, or contact the manufacturers."
I'm unsure whether my hard disk is SATA or IDE. How would I find this out?
Many thanks,
Sam