stinkytofu
Topic Starter
Ok. I have two hard drives (master/ slave) that I want to use with my new p4 desktop.
I cleared everything off the hard disks, and reinstalled Windows XP. When I sticked the hard drives in, the computer gave me this screen after the bios: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device.
I've tried inserting the OS disc inside the cd drive, but it wouldn't even take me to windows installation, so it won't boot from the disc. Right now, I am trying to break down the steps by first installation ONE hard disk. This hard disk has Jumper: J50 and the pins look like this:
1 2 3 0 5
6 7 8 9 10
0 = no pin
A website told me how to change the pins to master/slave/ Cable select/ master w/ CLJ …etc
I do not understand what Master w/ CLJ means
I tried booting the computer with Master w/ CLJ. The bios DETECTED the hard drive, but I STILL GET the Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device. message.
I want to be able to either access the Windows XP setup installation screen from booting from the disc, or to get the hard drive to boot Windows XP.
Oh, and my bios is American Megatrends, if that info is needed.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Andrew (AL)
P.S.
You may also contact me through email, which is [removed]