Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91910 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

asus wl520gc wireless router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Router

Router

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hi, i am able to connect my wired computer to the internet ( ISP: Optimum Voice) using my router, but when trying to connect my laptop(wireless) the wired computer tries to connect and disconnect every second and my laptop is not truly connected to the net? What could be the problem? Router: asus wl520 gc Wired Comp: Dell Dimension DM061 ; Vista OS ; Laptop: Dell Inspiron 1520; Vista OS Help Please

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,807 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hi Router (name =? problem :lol: ), welcome to WTT.

First, do you have the Users Manual for the router? If not, it's available here: http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

Enter wl-520 for the Model and Manual for the Category, then click on Search.
Click on WL-520GC, chose your OS.
The English version is at the bottom.

Read through there, see if any of that information helps.

Also, before doing anything, try connecting the laptop to the router with an Ethernet cable, see if you can get both computers accessing the internet at the same time. Once you know that works, proceed with the wireless setup.

Optimum Voice provides DSL service so you will need to setup your wireless for PPPoE. Again, the manual covers this.

Post back it you need more help.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.