This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Safe Internet Surfing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone Is anyone familiar with AVS software? I download a couple different utilities for video and sound recording and editing. I want to be sure i don't download something i shouldn't. What are the first signs of downloading something bad? Or an even better question, what are the tell tale signs of something bad i'm about to download? Any suggestions are a big help. Please feel free to say more. If there's particular details that will prevent me from clicking on something bad. Please let me know. Plus I'm curious as to what most of you use as far as spyware removal or virus removal software. Like, top notch, official stuff.
AVS is safe to use. I tested it once. Check out the WOT Scorecard.

Use Web of Trust add-on and you can get info about the site before you download. You can view its scorecard from the browser add-on. This will help improve surfing habits.

Plus I'm curious as to what most of you use as far as spyware removal or virus removal software. Like, top notch, official stuff.

for FREE products (for home users,) I recommend / use:

spy/add-ware removal :
MalwareBytes
Super Anti-Spyware

For Virus removal:
Avast
AVG

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI