Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

legitimate yahoo home page?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:55 AM

Up until this morning my homepage was www.uk.yahoo.com. After running CCleaner it is now www.m.uk.yahoo.com. Maybe CCleaner has nothing to do with the fact that it changed? It doesn't matter how many times I've tried to change it back, it keeps reverting to the second address. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate address, or is there some way I can find out? Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

I would not be worried at all, CCleaner installs Yahoo elements by default, so unless you unchecked the relevant boxes it would add\alter Yahoo elements. Now you have a choice depending on what you want to do, you can either remove the Yahoo elements under the add\remove options in the control panel, or you can try to change the homepage back, now you say you've tried this but it wont let you ? I have seen comments about Yahoo experimenting with new pages\styles, for those unable to stop going to these pages delete your cookies, CCleaner will do this for you when you run it, if you are protecting the cookie to save logging in every visit you will need to move it from the protected cookies, then once done type the page manually into your browser and you will hopefully get to the page you want, if this doesn't solve your issue reply back with what you have done and what happened as a result of this info, also add how you have tried to change your home page, and what protection your running, some of them protect the home page from changes, so if we know what other software your using we can maybe spot the problem, but hopefully this will help.

Braindead

#3 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. I deleted the cookie for yahoo and ran CCleaner as you suggested and the home page went back to what it was originally. Thank you. Don't know what I'd do without you guys here to help. Keep up the good work. Thanks again for the help. Appreciated as always. :thumbup: :notworthy: hedley

#4 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

NP, but it is a prime example of why you should not just keep clicking while installing programs, ALWAYS take notice of any check boxes, they relate to privacy options and\or elements you may not want\need, it is also how you can get on Spam mailing lists as less responsible places will sell the info on, but glad your sorted anyway, just remember to look out for the check boxes in future. ;)

Braindead