This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hello there!

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey everyone, Just signed up. I usually reside over at Geeks where I'm receiving my geekly training, I like the look here as well though! :thumbup:
Howdy chamber,

:welcome: I Have been visiting Major Geeks forums since about 1995, but I guess you could say I have been a "closet geek" :blush:
because I've never actually joined the forum there. I think I just came out of the closet. :smack: It must have been as recent as a week ago, I made my first attempt at joining the Geek forums, but they wouldn't let me have my Neo nick, so I just went away sad .:( Maybe, in the not too distant future, I will try that again with a nic like Major_Neo or something to that effect. :P Geek's is a great place to research good free tools and that is what I have used it for, for the most part. They have an interesting forum as well. As you can see, I am enrolled as a student here at WTT, and at this present time my studies have given me more than enough to do with my time. :wacko: The teachers here are great, as well as the overall atmosphere, and if you come seeking knowledge, you've just entered into a virtual a gold mine. :D I wish you well in whatever it is you seek to find here, and once again, welcome ! B)

Hi chamber nice to see you here :wavey: Neo, chamber is not talking about major geeks, he is in training at GeekU over at Geeks to Go.
SpySentinel,

Thanks for the reminder. :blush: I just recieved one from Doug as well… :wall: I guess y'all realize just as I do now, I came out of the closet for nothing… :rofl: Best wishes, Chamber. B)

Hey everyone, Neo, don't worry about it, I should have been a bit more clear. Thanks for the welcome though! Doug, Thanks for the welcome! :thumbup: SpySentinal, good to see you again! I'm not actually stalking you, it just seems that everywhere I sign up, you're here too! lol Look forward to seeing you all around the forums. :wavey:
Hi chamber :welcome: G2G is a great forum. Never posted there but visit often. Having joined WTT you obviously know your good forums. Regards Satchfan
Thanks guys,

I am liking the look of the place, I'm pretty busy what with all the learning at Geeks and trying to fit it in before I get married in September (don't think I'll finish before then, but ah well!) but if I can help here then I will.

G2G is a great forum. Never posted there but visit often. Having joined WTT you obviously know your good forums.


I only sign up at the best! :thumbup:

Toodles,
Hello chamber,

I wish you the best in your studies over there at G2G. I have visited that forum from time to time, the first time I ever visited I joined the forum under my old nic: newbe17, thinking it was this site, "formerly known as Tom Coyotes" or something to that effect. The next time, uploading a few files so that one of my teachers ( Tomk ), who was helping me get my pc clean at the time, could retrieve the data on them. I have been back there since a few times, usually doing research of some sort. G2G seems like a great and friendly place as well, and I know you would be the first to understand when I say that I wish I had more time to come back there and get involved, yet my studies here at WTT have me a little tied up right now. At this point I am still trying to get fully comfortable with knowing and finding where everything is here at this site. :blush: I am learning how to crawl right now, so that later on, God willing, I will be able to walk. You should see my book marks list! :rofl: When I do actually run up on something I've been looking for, I book mark it. I guess this will continue until I become fully orientated with this site.
Congratulations on your engagement ! :woot:
I haven't been to the other forums enough to fairly make my own judgment on which one is the best yet, but I can say that since I have been here, I have had the pleasure of meeting and learning from some of the finest people I have ever met in my 45 years, and am still getting to know a few more. Hopefully in the not so far away future, I will be able to come and visit G2G and a few of the other forums I have seen while doing research, and get to know just a few more fine people, and help out wherever I can. :) I don't know exactly how far along you are in your training over at G2G, but I wish you success with your training, and I hope to here more from you in the future on how you are doing over there.

Thanks Neo, Currently I am a GeekU Junior, graduated from the freshman class last week. Have lots of registry exercises and practice logs etc to do!