This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

too many packets?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

built my own PC and i noticed there's so many packets coming in;

[external image: Posted Image]



I know there is options in the network adaptor for half duplex etc? My motherboard is capable of 1gb LAN, is this causing this issue? how can i resolve it.

many thanks

'Bob
Hi Bob, I wouldn't have thought it a problem. Maybe if someone comes along and has a solution, we'll both benefit. :) Here's a look at yours side-by-side with mine: 📎Packets_Received.jpg Your ratio is 0.83 ..my ratio is 0.617 Pretty close and you've probably been downloading fresh utilities and such, which I have done very little. Will be interesting to see if anyone has a suggestion. The only thing I've done to my connection is to adjust Receive window size to TCPWindowSize 64240 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters _______________________ Is there a performance issue that makes you think there is a problem? Doug
I watched quite a few youtube videos and did download a couple of programs e.g VLC Media Player but it just seems quite high. You're comparison has helped me stop worrying though cheers

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI