New Iphone causes havoc
7 min read
As I have no practical experience with Iphone, I inquired with a colleague who may be of assistance.
Here's an excerpt from his reply to me:
(from)The post you quote I can only assume that Apple being Apple have got permission\licence issues with how material is acquired and will play up when it comes to something it doesn't like, eg iTunes wont recognise tunes unless they are ripped using it, I suspect something along those lines may be whats happening here.
My best advice for that person is to use a 3rd party application for using with the iPhone, just use iTunes to keep the firmware up to date, I would need to research what may work for software, but MediaMonkey can do music to my wifes iPod touch, so I imagine it could manage the phone as well, but I would have to search to see what is good\bad about the alternate options.
I am a bit tied up ATM but will try and find some time to help that post if I can, or at least try to guide them to find a result, but if the phone is that messed up it's often better to reset it to out of the box state, I assume iTunes can do that as it can with iPod, then start afresh.
I will try and get over and reply to that post in the next day or so
Now I only deal with Nokia's, but the wife has an iPod touch so hopefully there wont be a lot of difference and I can try things on that if needed to try and get a better understanding, but here goes to get the ball rolling.
Not being sure what you have done\tried I will start with the basics, I will quote the findings below (excuse the typo's they are not mine lol):-
Plug your iPhone in to ur computer and wait until the status screen shows up. At the top of that, there should be little tabs that say Music, Pics, Etc. There should be one thats says Applications. There should be a list and little check mark boxes next to them. Make sure you uncheck the applications u don't want anymore and re-sync your phone.
My understanding is this is a hard reset of the phone, so not sure just how much it will change what you have on there so maybe keep it back as a last resort:-Simply delete the app in your library by clicking "Applications" in the source pane, and then selecting the app, and pressing the delete key. Then sync your phone and it will be deleted.
You can also delete it right on your phone by holding any icon for a few seconds, starting them jiggling. Then tap the "x" in the upper left corner of the app, and confirm the delete.
Now the following may well be the situation your in, they quote a solution that works, maybe it will for you ? worth a try:-Press and hold the Power & Home buttons until the phone restarts.
And another similar story:-here is the fix
delete ONE of the apps, go to appstore and redownload it and install.
all your apps will work again
Agreed, its a DRM issue (Digital Rights Management (I think))
Either download a new app any free one will do or delete a present one and re download it.
Once you do this all will be fine.
Lastly Here is a link that shows how to remove app's from the phone, you may well of tried all this already, but as I don't know what you may have tried I figured start from the beginning, hope something here helps, holla if your still stuck with more info and I will try to help if I can, one of the big questions that may have a bearing on this though from what I have seen, is the phone jailobroken ?hi, after a long battle to recover my stuff of my iphone (which failed)
stupid apple, screw it and its dumb products (yes you heard me, apple sucks pc rules)
god i lost EVERTHING just for trying to update from 2.2 to 2.2.1 THEN got caught in a restore loop making my iphone absolutely useless
anyways took two days to fix it and now ran into your problem "app cannot be opened" even though they ALL transfered back to my iphone with no probs
I found out how to fix it, the free app 'tap tap revenge' gave it away, on why it was screwed (sumthin on the lines of "your are not authorized on this computer to install this app"
make sure your computer is authorized, EVEN if you authorized it previously
redownload that app, THEN reinstall tap tap revenge
THEN feel free to reinstall your apps again
if you had brains like me dont' use installulous, you waste phone credits and also appulous IS installulousā¦use the web version so you can utilize your internet speed on your computer and once you download it you can burn a back up of your IPA
i already have my ipas on my pc so its as easy as drag'n drop again:p
I'm very happy to see you come by to offer assistance.
Thanks for answering my request for help.
While (jailbreaking) is an important question to "ask" about a mobile device. Please note that our Terms Of Use (TOU) are very much like the Rules of most other Help Sites, in that we "do not" assist in circumventing legitimate software, EULAs and copyright.
You haven't done anything of the sort, but I want to mention it, so that nobody else takes this discussion to infer that we are advocating such.
I'm sure you understand what I'm concerned about.
Anyway thanks again.
I look forward to seeing you around the Forums here as you are available.
Doug
Jailbreaking iPhones also allows for the free installation of official Applications via .torrent, including paid apps, when a few files have been modified.
Jailbreaking is distinct from unlocking, which is the process by which a mobile device is made compatible with telephone networks it was not specifically licensed to be used with.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI