Hello all and thanks for your time in advance. I was hit with a virut virus and was forced to do a format and reinstall
of windows xp. Ive clean installed all programs back and moved nothing but docs, pics, and mpegs. I am having
some problems getting my drivers all correct. Ive gone online to try and get them but i have not had any luck except
to run scans that say i have about 10 drivers with issues. If the best way for me to solve these issues is to buy a
software i will do it but i figured id check with you all first. I didnt mention i cannot find my mobo disc. (smart right)
its actually a computer that i built but i know its a biostar mobo with amd athlon xp processor. the area that i am having a problem
with the most is a high definition audio bus. i believe that it is a realtek product but the other night i couldnt find one that worked
from thier website. I was given some info from ken545 on another forum about this virus to check out this forum and i saw last
night a post that had some info but again it wanted to scan and i know where that is leading to. i didnt get a chance to look
into it further but i will take time this evening after kids go to bed.
You may get all the information you need to track down your drivers from a machine inventory utility called Everest 2.20
It's free and available for download here: http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
Download and install it.
Allow it to open when the installation is finished.
Let us know if you need additional information after you browse the information it generates for you.
by selecting items in the general component listing on the left, details are expanded in the Right-hand panel.
You can then click on most of the items in the Right-hand panel to obtain additional detail.
For most items (including MoBo), a link to the manufacturer and drivers should appear at the bottom of the Right-hand panel
Hello all
I used everest and exactely like you said i was able to locate all the drivers i needed.
You guys are awsome, i cant say how many hours i spent looking until you helped me.
I do still have a problem though, my system information wont run and when i check the
service it is started. I also have event log and rpc started as well but wmi cant find my files.
I look in windows\sys32\wbem\repository and the folder is empty. Is this an error in the
reloading of windows xp pro or can i replace the files that should be there?
On my XP Pro+SP3 computer, there are 10 folders and 234 files under windows\sys32\wbem\repository, so you definitely have missing files. Sounds to me like it's time to backup your data, format and reinstall.
Edit: This is not something I recommend casually, but if you are missing that entire folder then there is no telling what else you are missing. I believe a Clean Install or even a Repair Install will save you a lot of time and grief.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI