This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Virus Infection?

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Seems OK. Since I am now able to access Windows Updates, I will be installing the available updates tonight. I imagine I can delete these folders now? C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles\ C:\Qoobox
Mario Maillet,

There are a couple of cleanup routines to run.

Log looks good :D


Time for some housekeeping
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
  • Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
  • [external image: Posted Image]
The above procedure will:
  • Implement some cleanup procedures.
  • Reset System Restore.

Please re-enable any security that was disabled.

Cleanup

  • Double click on OTMoveIt3.exe to run it.
  • Click on CleanUp!
  • When done, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.


The following is my standard advice for the future. Use what you can and pat yourself on the back for what you're already doing.

Please take time to read Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing. Very important information for your consideration is contained therein.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein


Also: "How to prevent malware"
by miekiemoes

Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved. :thumbup:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI