This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

First custom build - need advice

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I'm building a computer for the first time. I just wanted to know if all of my parts are compatible with each other. I'm trying to keep it under 500$, so please keep that in mind. Any suggestions on cheaper/better parts I could choose are welcome!



http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi…tNumber=9378705



If this is in the wrong board, please move it to somewhere else. Thanks!



P.S.: I plan to use this for some medium gaming, Team Fortress 2 and other Source games. Maybe the occasional game of Crysis on low settings.
:welcome:

I'd say you put together a nice package there however that graphics card states a minimum 450 watt PSU and also the PSU you list has an 8 pin CPU power lead and the motherboard (out of stock) requires a 4 pin lead.

So if you stick with the motherboard and graphics card you need to choose a PSU @ 450 watt minimum with a 4 pin CPU lead and one 6 pin PCI_E lead.

I have used this Thermaltake model on several builds and I think it would work well for you:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16817153052

Also curious: what is the intention of the extra case fan? Front mount? If so are you sure there is room for it and proper mounting devices?
It's actually 3 fans listed. The Antec case has space for three more - would I need screws or does the fan come with them? Sorry it's not too wordy - Wii typing sucks.
Okay, I changed the video card. I don't need top-end performance, and it saved me a few bucks. I switched to the Radeon HD 4650, specifically this one. Will that choice of PSU still work? I know it doesn't need a connector, but it's at least future-proofed that way.

Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI