Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Gateway errors and various other problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SilverFox-chan

SilverFox-chan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

I have a friend who's experiencing some computer problems Such as, not being able to log into MSN messenger or her email account, and sometimes has trouble logging into Yahoo and she can't even log into her Youtube account, nor can she even view YT sometimes.

And she's getting Default Gateway errors when she tries to trouble shoot the problems with MSN messenger.

She also tried defragging her computer, but that seemed to aggravate it. Not to mention she ran Spy Bot Search and Destroy and it just got worse according to her. She's asked me to hunt down a solution as she's not completely computer savvy. :pullhair: I've tried for the last 4 days to find a solution that doesn't involve installing or downloading anything to her computer in the chance it might make things worse and as a result, having her throw me out of her window along with her computer. ^^;; :unsure: Not to mention she could do that as she's a very competent 2nd degree black belt in MMA.

I'll be making arrangements to go over to her place within the next week or so, and doing more tech support. But I'd like to go armed with some information for her.

Oh, she also runs Windows XP. And uses Fire Fox for her browser. As for the rest of her computer I have no idea the memory, or the rest of the hardware she has. Its been a while since I've been to her place and I can't remember what she has under the hood so to speak.

I've recently gotten some advice from a friend to use these programs:

CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com),Trojan Killer (http://www.gridinsof...rojankiller.php), and Free Fixer http://www.freefixer.../download.html)

Are these reliable programs to fix her problem or is there something more I need to use?

Edited by SilverFox-chan, 11 April 2009 - 06:59 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove