Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet problems.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saj202

saj202

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

Hi there guys. I'm posting for a friend who is having internet problems and cannot connect to IE. He's running windows XP. He can log onto MSN messenger but it repeatedly signs out. Other problems he's having are : Pages fail to load in Firefox, Deepnet Explorer and MSIE6 saying 'the document contains no data' but the funny thing is that the following problems can access the net : programs that access the internet: Google Desktop Windows Avast BitLord Ares. he has avast anti virus and it is up to date He's connected to the router via USB and his sister is running off his WIFI but has no problems with the net. Anyone who can help with any suggestions?? Many thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:48 PM

Sounds like there interfering with one another. Ask him to go to internet options in control panel and under the connections click on LAN. Is it set to automatically detect settings? if not ask him to set that and then post back (theres alot more to do but.. just in case we might get lucky)

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"