This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Hungapp Errors

24 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The iexplorer error was weird, I was trying to add the windows tab to the network configuration as instructed by Rich and my computer froze. I ended the session by using Task Manager and got an error for iexploreR.exe–version 6.0 something and I was surprised to see it because I know I don't even have version 6 of IE installed; I have version 7 or so I thought. I went to the ESET Antivirus site to do the download a you requested and I was asked tto install an add-on. Do you want me to allow it to be installed?
Hi Tomk, I did use us IE to to do the ESET scan download and it did ask me if I wanted to allow an add-on download. Should I download the add on?
mgw7625, Thanks for the screen shot. That's not what I thought was going on. Yes. You need to install the activeX control or it won't work.
Hello Tomk, I accepted the add-on and the scanner ran for 1 hour and 34 mnutes and found 0 threats. I have no log to post because when I clicked on "more details" I got sent to a "buy me" option. Then when I hit the back browser my scan was gone and it took back to the beginning of the scan process at the "accept" page.
If you saw 0 threats then we're good.

One more little trick to try before I send you back to the Tech Team.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

  • Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
    :filefind
    Iexplorer.exe
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (24.04.09) Log created at 15:55 on 10/05/2009 by Michel (Administrator - Elevation successful) ========== filefind ========== Searching for "Iexplorer.exe" No files found. -=End Of File=-
mgw7625, I'm not sure why you got the warning you did, but there is no Iexplorer.exe on your system. If you are still having problems, I suggest that you return to the Tech Team for additional help.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI