This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

security

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello Is there a test to see whether someone has hacked into your pc and is reading your key strokes? I run my a/v and malware scan regularly but don't know if they detect this type of intrusion. Thank you

Is there a test to see whether someone has hacked into your pc and is reading your key strokes?
I run my a/v and malware scan regularly but don't know if they detect this type of intrusion.

Help us out here - what AV and "malware scan" are you using?

For starters (without more info), I can suggest regular scans with a-squared Free (download here):
- http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
"…Trojans, Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Bots, Keyloggers and Dialers…"

… but there are no "guarantees" for 100% detection anywhere - 'best is a probable 99%.

.
Hello My a/v company does mention keyloggers in their coverage but I uderstand what you mean by there being no real guarantee. Thank you very much for the referrals to look into and the helpful reply. April 1st doesn't sound like a god day to be on line does it?
I'm old enough to not digest the media but too unskilled with pcs to dicern good from bad. Manure sounds great in this case. Thank you