This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Connect laptop to printer using a wireless network

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a printer connected to a desktop in my son's room. I most often use the laptop and would occasionally like to print. As it stands now, I have to save the document on a USB memory stick and physically take it to my son's computer and then print from there. Is there a way to hook up my laptop to the printer. The printer uses a usb cable to connect to the desktop. I am not very computer savvy and would like to set this up if it is not too complicated. Thanks
What I forgot to mention is if it makes any difference if the desktops (one connected to the printer and has a wireless card and another in the basement connected to the router) are running Windows XP and my laptop is running vista.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI