This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

H2rc053.tmp And H2r7196.tmp Files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all - WinME I have a bunch of TMP files in the C:\Windows\TEMP folder, and I have no clue what they are for, how, why or by what they are being generated. :scratch: I have tried to find out from the web, WinME, anywhere. I tried checking the properties and there is nothing there. They all have the NotePad icon, and when I open them they are all empty, all are 0 KB. There are between 20-30 generated every day. <_< Some are like h2rc053.TMP, others are h2r7196 (note one has 3 letters, and the other 5 numbers) There are more like the h2rc053 than the other. They do not delete when the machine is shut down, or reboot, and although they are empty, they build up by the hundreds by the end of the week. It may well be they are non-threatening, but, it is sort of like someone telling me that the spider on the end of my nose is a good kind of spider. :huh: To me, a spider is a spider, and I don't really want to wait and do a friend/foe or gender check to see of it's ok for it to sit on the end of my nose…..where I can see it….and know it is there. :blink: The only spider allowed to live in my house is a dead one! :thumbdown: So, I'd really like to find out what species this file is, just in case. :unsure: Any information or suggestions as to where I might be able to find out more about these files would be very much appreciated. Best regards, Tink :wavey:
Hi CNM, Thank you very much for the information. I truly appreciate it. I don't like to delete things unless I am sure they are not necessar. That is why I ask first. :) Tink :wavey: