This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Power Point Viewer 2003

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently installed Power Point Viewer 2003, but it will not play the power points when I get one in my email. When I go to Properties, there is no short cut listed and I do not know what to put in there. Anyone know? Thanks much. Oh, in the Start In area I put "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs" Maybe that is wrong?
Hi Anna, welcome back :D

Try the newer PowerPoint Viewer 2007, see if that works better for you. Uninstall 2003 first, then install 2007.

Let me know how you make out.

Also, you said in the Start In area you put "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs"

That is not a valid path. Why/where did you change this? When you installed PPV 2003 it should have set everything up correctly. You should not have needed to make any changes. Can you explain what you were doing and why?
Thanks, I had tried 2007 viewer and it did the same thing, but will try again, after uninstalling the 2003 viewer. Usually they set up correctly.

I put C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs", in the Start area when I right-clicked on the viewer in the Start menu. I just thought it would make it work. Duh! :pullhair:



Hi Anna, welcome back :D

Try the newer PowerPoint Viewer 2007, see if that works better for you. Uninstall 2003 first, then install 2007.

Let me know how you make out.

Also, you said in the Start In area you put "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs"

That is not a valid path. Why/where did you change this? When you installed PPV 2003 it should have set everything up correctly. You should not have needed to make any changes. Can you explain what you were doing and why?

I installed Power Point Viewer 2007 again, and, by jove, it worked this time. :woot: Thanks so much. I am sure I will be back with something else. :wavey:




Thanks, I had tried 2007 viewer and it did the same thing, but will try again, after uninstalling the 2003 viewer. Usually they set up correctly.

I put C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs", in the Start area when I right-clicked on the viewer in the Start menu. I just thought it would make it work. Duh! :pullhair:



Hi Anna, welcome back :D

Try the newer PowerPoint Viewer 2007, see if that works better for you. Uninstall 2003 first, then install 2007.

Let me know how you make out.

Also, you said in the Start In area you put "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs"

That is not a valid path. Why/where did you change this? When you installed PPV 2003 it should have set everything up correctly. You should not have needed to make any changes. Can you explain what you were doing and why?

You're always welcome. You never have boring problems (is that like one of those Yiddish curses … May you never have boring problems :lol: )
Thank you, Ztruciker. :thumbup: Just got back home after a long day and I am weary. I do have another problem, but will save it for another time as I am tired of problems right now :pullhair: :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI