This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Powerpoint Issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A friend of mine has a strange issue with powerpoint. He can't seem to open any powerpoint presentations. The message he gets is: This file does not have a program accociated with it for performing this action. Create an accociation in the folder options control panel. I find this srtange because I went through quite a few steps (SEE BELOW) and still the problem exists. Is there something I am missing?? STEPS: 1. I made sure the presentations were coming in as .pps 2. I checked that the Powerpoint viewer was on the system. 3. I reinstalled the Powerpoint viewer in case some files were missing. 4. I verified the installation. 5. I went to Start/Control Panel/Options/Folder Options/Files to make sure the PPS was there and "Opens with" Microsoft Powerpoint. All of the above was there, rebooted and still the problem persists. NOTE: I also did a full sweep with a few virus scans and spy sweepers and trojan scanners and all came up clean. Any Ideas? 8O Perhaps I am missing something simple?? Thanks….
Hi, I have the exact same problem and yet I have not found a way to fix it. I do however have a work around. Save the file to your desktop if it is an email attachment. Open PowerPoint viewer. Go: File > Open and open the file you saved to your desktop. Again, sorry I couldn't fix it. I'll do a bit more research and tell you if I find anything. Have a nice day. :)
Seems there are a few ways to rectify this issue.
One way was a reply from another forum that seemed to work.

SEE: POWERPOINT FIX

Yet another forum gave me this info…

Save file to desktop.
Right click on the file.
Choose open with.
Select other.
Locate the PowerPoint program file and click ok.
Check the "always use this program to open files" box.
Click ok.

Let me know how you made out….
Hope this helps you too…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI