Pilate
Topic Starter
Hello all
I am using XP
I have a problem with WMP. Sometimes when I click on a link to watch video
WMP opens I mean the skin opens and in the bottom left says connecting to media
but nothing happens. The lights on my dsl box quit blinking but I get no codes or anything
it just does nothing. But if I close WMP and click on link again it may work.
Sometimes I click on a link several times before it works and sometimes it works the first time.
Here is what I have done so far.
Windows Defender, CCleaner, Adaware, Spybot, Superantispyware, Asquared, Malware Bytes & AVG
I have WMP 11 so I uninstalled it using add/remove programs and it went back to version 9
but still did the same thing so I put it back to version 11. I did not use the uninstall windows componets
feature on the left side of the add/remove program box.
I ran repair internet explorer (start>run>sfc /scannow) and that didnt fix it.
I have done "checkdisc" & defrag. I have used system restore back to December 19th (thats as far as it goes)
but that didnt help. I went into Player options and checked "connect to internet overides all other commands"
still the same thing.
I have done many other things the last few weeks and I cant remember them all.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Pilate