Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browser Hijack....HELP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 rolcol

rolcol

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

Hi, I have a Vista Home machine and have recently been plagued with a nasty browser hijack. Here's what I've done so far: - deleted all Temp files via Disk Clean-Up - run CW Shredder (nothing found) - run RogueRemover (nothing found) - run complete scan via AdAware 2007 (Votrumond found and deleted) - run Spy Bot 1.5.2 (minor things found and deleted) - run AVG AntiSpyware (minor things found and deleted) - run AVG AntiVirus (Generic10 found and moved to vault) - rerun of AVG Anti Spyware in Safe Mode (nothing found) - rerun of AVG AntiVirus in Safe Mode (nothing found) After all of this the hijack still occurs (3-4 window popups) when I open Internet Explorer. I also have Mozilla Firefox on the machin and it is fun, but overall the machine is running much slow and I would like to eliminate the IE issue. Please advise as to further instruction and'or if you want a HijackThis log. Many thanks. RC

Advertisements

Register to Remove