This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] SVCHost Issue, unable to resolve websites

26 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi This problem can be caused by a few things , one if you had a thumb drive in usb and removed it , it might not cleared. Try putting it back and explore and then remove using the safely remove hardware icon. Also: Your Windows No Disk error is often associated with the qttask.exe process at startup. Click Start, Run, type msconfig and click ok. On the general tab, tick 'selective startup', and on the startup tab, find qttask and untick the box next to it. Click apply, click ok, and reboot when prompted. these are just a couple of things it could be. This also could do it> Changing the drive letter assignments of your drives with removable media - CD, DVD, Zip, card reader etc - has helped a lot of people. To change the default letter assignment for drives: Right click [My Computer] Click [Manage] to open the Computer Management Console In the top or lower right pane, right click the disk you want to change. Fixed drives appear in the top and bottom pane. Removable drives appear in the bottom pane unless they have media inserted in which case they appear in both the upper and lower pane. Select [Change Drive Letter and Path] Click [Change] Select the new letter from the drop down list box and click [OK] good luck mschroe919 let me know what happens
I don't have QTTask listed in my startup. my physical drive letterings haven't changed either for the HDD. unless the removable drives changed letters. So I've always had C D E H O as my HDD drives, and F N as my DVD Drives. The rest of the drives I'm not really sure what they were as it was a mix between my card reader slots and the virtual DVD drives.
I am going to see if I can come up with something else. This however isn't a virus relayted, but I will try, be back soon mschroe919
Hi

Here is something to try:
Re install your UltraMon program, BUT make sure you go to add/remove and remove it first instead of reinstalling over it.

Good luck mschroe919
I will give that a shot. Btw, have you heard about the new Norton Systemworks and Internet Security? I've heard good things about the new versions but wanted to see if you would recommend it. I use to have the old ones but they slowed my machine up way too much. Also what about 360?
Hi As far as norton is, I don't have it or even had it so I realy don't know much about it. I do know that I have 6 pc's and all have the free version of avg, along with the free zone alarm and I feel protected. Of couse I run spybot S & D along with malware bytes. So Good luck mschroe919 I am going to keep this log open for a while till you let me know what the outcome is of my last post.
I believe that did it for UltraMon. Although I did get one from Adobe Air/Adobe Media Player (never installed either before) getting a windows no disk error as well, but it seemed to be looking for a disk in the M drive, which I think is one of the Card slots, but I clicked continue and it worked. But for good measure here is my final HJT Log. Again thank you for all your help, if I run into the no disk error I'll keep trying the reinstall method, unless something seems fishy then I'm sure I'll be back.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI