This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Unsure where to post my question?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello all… unsure which forum to post my question. Without getting into much detail here….. I believe my "ex" has somehow gained access either through his Blackberry or some actual "spy program" (by having access to my ip address or one of my computers) and is now able to monitor not only my emails but also what sites I'm visiting. Which forum here could help me….. if any? Thanks.
Hi Tigermom

:welcome:

Hmm, good question. I would suggest you start in the malware forum. If they think it is
something we techie's can / should handle, they will direct you to the right forum.

HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal

Be sure to explain why and how you figured out that your "ex" should have installed
such a program(s), and if it has any other impact on your computers behaviour.

Regards
Hi tigermom, [external image: Posted Image]

Here is another link that you may find helpful as a new member.

Glad to see you have joined our community, lots to read and learn.

kind regards,
Thanks to you both for your responses. I've been "playin around here" and realize that he apparently "found out' my email password and had programmed his blackberry to receive all my incoming and outgoing emails. That I easily fixed, lol. The reason I have suspicion about his possible other accesses is probably nothing(other than he knows me well?)….. oh and after he visited for a few hrs here one of my raid volumes became "degraded". I have heard of (if my memory is correct) some type of device or program that can be installed on a computer that lets the installer "watch"/"spy" on the computer's user. I will wait a couple of days and see what else might transpire before I post any further in the proper forum. Again thanks bunches!
Hi tigermom. :wavey: Glad you joined WTT. Plenty to read and learn here and lots of friendly people. Hope you get your computer dilemma sorted out. Regards Satchfan