How do I know if someone was somehow in my computer! Maybe looking at my emails or watching my i.m.'s through yahoo? I have Norton 360, but I don't know if someone could have got past it! So can people monitor your emails outside of your house? Also does anyone know if 811.com can be tracked? Thanks for helping! Yes I am clueless!
I'll try to make the question more clear!
Is it possible for someone to go into my computer from another location and go through my emails (yahoo and outlook through a satellite connection) and monitor my yahoo i.m.'s? I was told a private investigator went into my computer and has a report on activity on my usage through the computer. Is this legal? Could this really have happened? Thank you!
michlynn99,
If you had your computer turned on, had the correct software installed, gave permission to a person, they had the same software also installed, and you gave them a secret password………..yes it can be done.
I hasten to add, only if you have given permission with a password and software as in the paragraph above states.
If you leave your computer running, go to another country, you can access it yourself with certain software.
Did you open the link I sent you in my previous post….it is self explanatory.
regards,
Well there are many different variables here, to make a short answer for you question… yes it can be done, and no it’s not legal. It can be done through intercepting wireless signal, or installation of a backdoor. (It’s not hard to target one person, I work in and with law enforcement, so I have seen shady operators use these tactics)
If you were told “a private investigator went into your computer and has a report on activity on your usage through the computer” it most likely didn’t happen. That sounds to me like someone is trying to trick you in to telling them something you have been doing.
If you have doubt and think your system has been compromised I would suggest that you head over to the malware forum and get checked out.
It is not legal, in fact it would be a serious crime!
It would cost a lot to have some one do this.
Doubtfull a privet investigater would commit this kind of crime.
Any thing that was taken if it did could not be used against you in any court (criminal or cival) and they would be confessing to a FEDERAL crime if they tried.
(no, I do not know how to spell)