This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Flash Player won't install

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My wife was prompted to update or install not sure which Adobe Flash player. She clicked on install then run active x controll then in the pop-up window install. Nothing happened after that. I used a removal tool thinking it souldn't update because of a currupt file or something and tried myself. I got the same results. I don't know what was running or what she was working on(she can't remember), but I do know it must be needed for our online banking, because she said she couldn't get that to load up afterward. Thanks Amebeo
Hi Amebeo,

I suggest to go to your Add and Remove
  • Start
  • Control Panel
  • Add and Remove
Check what version you have there of Adobe Flash Player and uninstall all using How to Uninstall Adoble Flash Player.

The proceed to this link to download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player version:10.0.2.87.

Further still you can verify after installation the version running on your system. This information is in a small square box just to the right under Version Information.

kind regards,

kind regards,
Hi tallin, Thanks for the fast reply Add/Remove: I forgot to mention I already looked there, but since you asked I looked again. Adobe flash player was not and still is not listed. How to uninstall: Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe (205 KB) (updated 2/24/08) This is the same uninstaller I used earlier, but since you asked I did it again. Download Adobe Flash player: OK here is where I run into trouble. The steps go something like: Close all windows and click agree and install now Click the gold bar at the top and selsct Install ActiveX Control… A new window pops up with ontions install or don't install I click install And I wait………. and nothing happens I think there is supose to be an animation that says it was succesfull at the top, but I only see a box with a little red x at the top left But since you asked I also tried this again, and got the same results. I can't tell if it downloads and doesn't install or doesn't download at all Verify Version: I'm sorry I don't see where it says verdsion information. Perhaps it doesn't matter anyway since I don't believe it's installing. So how can I found out if it even downloaded? I never saw a progress bar, download complete, or instalation complete. Thanks Amebeo There is something funny going on here…. I went to Adobe's webite to see if I could find any help; it propted me to go to internet options… So I tried to go to internet options and it says something to the effect "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. please contact your administrator. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR. There should be no restrictions like that on here. Could this be related? Even if it isn't how do I fix that?

So how can I found out if it even downloaded? I never saw a progress bar, download complete, or instalation complete.

I am sorry, I have helped you as far as I can progress. We need to wait for a Team Member to come by to assist you further.

kind regards,
Thanks Tallin, No problem I'll wait. In the mean time, I was reading about a SublnACL download and/or an executable Flash Player download. I don't know if I should move ahead on my own. So far my actions haven't done much to help, but…
Hi Amebeo. I'm concerned about your comment with the Internet Options window being blocked by a policy. If this has always been an "at home" PC this should never be the case. I'm inclined to tell you to head over the the malware removal forum for a checkup before proceeding further. I know it can be a bit of a drag waiting, however, you mentioned you do banking on-line and this is nothing to mess around with. Malware will put policies in place on your PC that block sections of your computer from your access like "Internet Options." Internet options would be a good one to block because the malware could make changes that re-direct your internet requests through a rogue computer to steal your information as you use the internet. Obviously, this would have potential side effects such as breaking your ability to download Adobe.

I'd like to have better news for you, but this would not happen under normal circumstances and it is unlikely that you could "accidentally" do this on your own.

Please read here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html

And post here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI