Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Adobe Flash Player won't install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Amebeo

Amebeo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

My wife was prompted to update or install not sure which Adobe Flash player. She clicked on install then run active x controll then in the pop-up window install. Nothing happened after that. I used a removal tool thinking it souldn't update because of a currupt file or something and tried myself. I got the same results. I don't know what was running or what she was working on(she can't remember), but I do know it must be needed for our online banking, because she said she couldn't get that to load up afterward. Thanks Amebeo

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hi Amebeo,

I suggest to go to your Add and Remove
  • Start
  • Control Panel
  • Add and Remove
Check what version you have there of Adobe Flash Player and uninstall all using How to Uninstall Adoble Flash Player.

The proceed to this link to download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player version:10.0.2.87.

Further still you can verify after installation the version running on your system. This information is in a small square box just to the right under Version Information.

kind regards,

kind regards,

#3 Amebeo

Amebeo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hi tallin, Thanks for the fast reply Add/Remove: I forgot to mention I already looked there, but since you asked I looked again. Adobe flash player was not and still is not listed. How to uninstall: Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe (205 KB) (updated 2/24/08) This is the same uninstaller I used earlier, but since you asked I did it again. Download Adobe Flash player: OK here is where I run into trouble. The steps go something like: Close all windows and click agree and install now Click the gold bar at the top and selsct Install ActiveX Control... A new window pops up with ontions install or don't install I click install And I wait.......... and nothing happens I think there is supose to be an animation that says it was succesfull at the top, but I only see a box with a little red x at the top left But since you asked I also tried this again, and got the same results. I can't tell if it downloads and doesn't install or doesn't download at all Verify Version: I'm sorry I don't see where it says verdsion information. Perhaps it doesn't matter anyway since I don't believe it's installing. So how can I found out if it even downloaded? I never saw a progress bar, download complete, or instalation complete. Thanks Amebeo There is something funny going on here.... I went to Adobe's webite to see if I could find any help; it propted me to go to internet options... So I tried to go to internet options and it says something to the effect "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. please contact your administrator. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR. There should be no restrictions like that on here. Could this be related? Even if it isn't how do I fix that?

Edited by Amebeo, 02 March 2009 - 06:25 PM.

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

So how can I found out if it even downloaded? I never saw a progress bar, download complete, or instalation complete.

I am sorry, I have helped you as far as I can progress. We need to wait for a Team Member to come by to assist you further.

kind regards,

#5 Amebeo

Amebeo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Tallin, No problem I'll wait. In the mean time, I was reading about a SublnACL download and/or an executable Flash Player download. I don't know if I should move ahead on my own. So far my actions haven't done much to help, but...

#6 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hi Amebeo. I'm concerned about your comment with the Internet Options window being blocked by a policy. If this has always been an "at home" PC this should never be the case. I'm inclined to tell you to head over the the malware removal forum for a checkup before proceeding further. I know it can be a bit of a drag waiting, however, you mentioned you do banking on-line and this is nothing to mess around with. Malware will put policies in place on your PC that block sections of your computer from your access like "Internet Options." Internet options would be a good one to block because the malware could make changes that re-direct your internet requests through a rogue computer to steal your information as you use the internet. Obviously, this would have potential side effects such as breaking your ability to download Adobe.

I'd like to have better news for you, but this would not happen under normal circumstances and it is unlikely that you could "accidentally" do this on your own.

Please read here: http://forums.whatth...ers_t34502.html

And post here: http://forums.whatth...emoval_f27.html

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#7 Amebeo

Amebeo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thanks appleoddity, Will do ASAP. Thanks Neil

#8 Amebeo

Amebeo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Got adobe to install from this link

I guess that closes this topic?

Still working the other problems in HJT forum.

Thanks for the help guys