This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, y’all. My first name is Anna Ruth and I live in Tampa, FL. I am 74 years young. Am recovering from a total hip replacement and hopefully in three more months I can get down and boogie again. Also, I am a caretaker for a brother, who has Alzheimer’s with short-term memory loss, so I stay pretty busy. Wanted to join so I will have another place to go to when I am having computer problems, which seems to be a lot. :pullhair:
:welcome: foxygrandma, A warm welcome to you. We hope you enjoy the forum. So much to read and learn from the many sub-forums offered. Can you shorten your system details in your profile to something similar to mine. Your details will be different, but it would be most appreciated….thanks. Post your problems in the correct sub-forums to receive the very best of assistance. :wavey: kind regards,
Whoops! :wub: I just saw yours and shortened mine. Sorry about that. This 74-year-old brain sometimes takes a while to comprehend. :lol:



:welcome: foxygrandma,

A warm welcome to you. We hope you enjoy the forum. So much to read and learn from the many sub-forums offered.

Can you shorten your system details in your profile to something similar to mine. Your details will be different, but it would be most appreciated….thanks.

Post your problems in the correct sub-forums to receive the very best of assistance. :wavey:

kind regards,

I did something right. Oh, goody, goody. :notworthy: Thanks for letting me know. Grandma is going to bed now as it is 1:10 AM here in Tampa.


:thumbup: Spot on, good job.

Thanks,

kind regards,

Hi foxygrandma and welcome to the WTT forums. :welcome: There's a lot going on so take a while to have a good look around, If you need anything just ask. Regards paws
Hi foxygrandma, :wavey: Glad you found WTT. I joined last year and have found it to be a very friendly and helpful place. I hope that with the help of the Malware experts, your computer problems will be short-lived. I wish you all the best with your recovery and the boogying-on-down! Regards Satchfan
Thank you, Satchfan. How nice of you. :thumbup: Well, I have to boogie over to try to gert my taxes done. :rofl:

Hi foxygrandma, :wavey:

Glad you found WTT. I joined last year and have found it to be a very friendly and helpful place. I hope that with the help of the Malware experts, your computer problems will be short-lived.

I wish you all the best with your recovery and the boogying-on-down!

Regards

Satchfan

Thank you, Paws. :) Will check back later today when more time. I just need to know about the keylogger stuff I sent.



Hi foxygrandma and welcome to the WTT forums.
:welcome:
There's a lot going on so take a while to have a good look around,
If you need anything just ask.
Regards
paws

Hello and Welcome foxygrandma

I think everything has already been pointed out by tallin, paws and Satchfan so I just wish you luck and hope that you don't have too many problems with that Dell System, they can be a bother( I have one myself.) :)

Regards
Jkc73
[


Thanks. :yeah: I am always having problems with this Dell which I have had for four years now. Anyway, I did a search for copying to desktop on this site and I keep getting this: One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Still trying to find out why a lot of what I do gets copied to the desktop. Like when I forward pps or wav from my email a copy of the pps or wav goes to the desktop; or when I copy an image from the web and put into a Microsoft Word a copy of the image goes to the desktop. Strange. :wub:

IOquote name='Jkc73' date='Mar 3 2009, 04:15 AM' post='534368']
Hello and Welcome foxygrandma

I think everything has already been pointed out by tallin, paws and Satchfan so I just wish you luck and hope that you don't have too many problems with that Dell System, they can be a bother( I have one myself.) :)

Regards
Jkc73
Hi foxygrandma

I think it is time to read up on some of what tallin posted earlier in the post,

:welcome: foxygrandma,

A warm welcome to you. We hope you enjoy the forum. So much to read and learn from the many sub-forums offered.

Can you shorten your system details in your profile to something similar to mine. Your details will be different, but it would be most appreciated….thanks.

Post your problems in the correct sub-forums to receive the very best of assistance. :wavey: <—-Right here

kind regards,

Click right here for Guidelines: Asking for and Offering Help,
to receive the very best of assistance, as tallin stated earlier :thumbup:

If it is email related post it here in the "Browsers, Internet and email"

Likewise if it is "Microsoft Word" related, I suggest post it here in "Microsoft Office™ ".


I recommend taking your time with your posts, as it can become quite overwhelming when you have a few lined up together, also 1 issue may solve another issue, so try not to become to involved with too many issues at once.

Hope I have lead you in the right direction.
If you feel the need for assistance just leave a message here and someone will assist you. :)

Kind Regards,
Jkc73
Thank you. If you mean this: "Post your problems in the correct sub-forums to receive the very best of assistance. <—-Right here" I would click on it and nothing happened, but the one you put did. Wiill try it tomorrow sometime as it is 2 AM now. Thanks again.

I am not sure if it is email-related or not since when I copy something from the Web a copy also gets put on the desktop. And do not think it is Word related. I have used Microsoft Office Professinal 97 for about eight years now and it has always worked fine. So really not sure what forum to put the problem in.


Hi foxygrandma

I think it is time to read up on some of what tallin posted earlier in the post,

:welcome: foxygrandma,

A warm welcome to you. We hope you enjoy the forum. So much to read and learn from the many sub-forums offered.

Can you shorten your system details in your profile to something similar to mine. Your details will be different, but it would be most appreciated….thanks.

Post your problems in the correct sub-forums to receive the very best of assistance. :wavey: <—-Right here

kind regards,

Click right here for Guidelines: Asking for and Offering Help,
to receive the very best of assistance, as tallin stated earlier :thumbup:

If it is email related post it here in the "Browsers, Internet and email"

Likewise if it is "Microsoft Word" related, I suggest post it here in "Microsoft Office™ ".


I recommend taking your time with your posts, as it can become quite overwhelming when you have a few lined up together, also 1 issue may solve another issue, so try not to become to involved with too many issues at once.

Hope I have lead you in the right direction.
If you feel the need for assistance just leave a message here and someone will assist you. :)

Kind Regards,
Jkc73