This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Windows Live Hotmail

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Be careful checking your hotmail. I went to hotmail using windows live here and I had a popup my pc is infected and to download a fake anti-virus 2009.

Url was: Pro-scanner-online.com hosting the fake anti-virus 2009.

I'm not sure if windows live or hotmail is infected.

I could only use Alt/Ctrl/Del to end the process as my only option was to click OK.

I sent a feedback to Hotmail:

You need to check out your banner advertising.
While looking at my Hotmail a popup that my pc is infected. It's one of the many fake Antivirus 2009 and the site was Pro-scanner-online.com.

Thanks for the warning, I run both configured to my ISP private email address…….. So far nothing coming my way thank goodness. :thumbup:
:thumbup: Thanks for the warning. I use Outlook and only use Hotmail if away from home but will check it out and be wary. Forewarned is forearmed. Regards Satchfan
I use hotmail and windows live all the time,so this is kind of scary.Thanks for telling us LD!
Don't take my word for it and try to go there anyway,but from what I have read the website has been shutdown.

If this has happened to you and you cannot remove it,check out WTT's virus removal instruction forum to get rid of it here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Self_Help_Fi…alware_f97.html

If you are unsuccessful with removing it,then post a hijack this log in the forums here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html

Just giving instructions to those who might have gotten something like this.
MalwareHunter, we appreciate for your assistance but for your information, LDTate is a creditable malware fighter. So he knows how to deal with malware but I doubt which is unlikely that he will get infected because he knows it too well in getting rid of malwares. He has helped many people from all around the world though. So again, no offence. Just to let you know. :) Cheers

MalwareHunter, we appreciate for your assistance but for your information, LDTate is a creditable malware fighter. So he knows how to deal with malware but I doubt which is unlikely that he will get infected because he knows it too well in getting rid of malwares. He has helped many people from all around the world though.

So again, no offence. Just to let you know. :)

Cheers


I was directing the post towards anyone who might be reading this topic and have a problem with a virus LD has mentioned.

Trust me Conspire, LD would be one of the last people I could think of that would get infected since he is a professional. Plus I am not a professional so I wouldn't be the one telling LD what to do, thats for sure.

No offence taken, I understand that you thought I meant something else, but I just wanted to tell you that the post wasn't directed toward a specific person. Anyway,it's nice meeting you conspire since I haven't seen you on the forums before!

~MH~