This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vista keeps rebooting

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Vista keeps recycling and ends with screen that gives start options: Please insert (Vista program disk) (set language) (click repair option) I cannot get to any of the above. Startup disk is running, but does nothing. Safe mode Safe mode with networking Safe mode with command Last known good… (restore) Start windows normally I have tried each option twice to no avail. I have tried F8 to no avail. I have tried F10 to no avail. I have a Dell E1705, Vista Home Premium, RAM upgraded to 2GB. The problem, I'm certain is Shield Deluxe 2009, "Firewall". I wanted to check it because I haven't in a while. When I did it indicated that there were problems with it. It asked if I wanted to fix it, and said yes. It could not find the problem and asked me if I wanted to submit a (ticket). I said yes. Then it said it needed to update something, and that it would restart the PC. That's when it hit the fan. I have been recycling ever since. Any help anyone can afford me will be greatly appreciated. Jim H. [removed]
Hello,
Have you tried selecting the Last known good configuration{?
Can you boot in to safe mode?
And do you have a Vista DVD (not a "recovery" disc set)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI