This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Looking for magazine articles in Computer Shopper, PC Magazine or Maxi

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A few months ago one of these three magazines ran a couple of articles that I would like to get my hands on now (I should have bought the magazines, but for some reason I didn't) and now I can't remember which magazine it was. One magazine ran an article about how they hooked up 14 monitors to one computer. While I have no desire to go *that* far, there was lots of useful information about how to set up your own multi-headed monster. The second ran an article (which I think came right after the one I just mentioned) about building your own DVR. I love my TiVo, but if I could find away to eliminate the monthly fee by building my own DVR I would do it. There are lots of resources on the web, but I liked this article because of some of the specific information it provided about TV Tuner Cards. One also ran an article about the best and worst products of 2008. I am pretty sure that one was Computer Shopper, but I am not 100%. I know that some (if not all) of this information is available on line, but I would really like to get my hands on the print articles. If anyone could point me in the right direction by giving me the name and month of the magazine (or, better yet, send me a scan of the article) it would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Russ, You are from "New England", and I'm not exactly sure which "New England" that is. Us Aussies have our own "New England" here in the land down under… But I don't recognise any of the print magazine names you mention. Your best bet would be to email the magazine firm directly with your question, I'm sure they'll have helpful information about which articles suit your questions, as well as information on how to purchase those editions. Cheers Troy
Hi,
Here's an article from the magazine called Computer Power User…its from November 2008 Vol 8 issue 11
http://www.computerpoweruser.com/editorial…c11%2F31c11.asp

If you have an older computer lying around that you want to use for DVR you could also have a look here:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1819226,00.asp
It's from way back in 2004, but still makes interesting reading

Further info and a video available from here:
http://www.snapstream.com/enterprise/?utm_…prise%2BMarquee

Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI