This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blocking an entire drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a horribly virus infected laptop (im working on it on the malware forums… this is my backup plan), and I don't have my windows install CD to format the thing. If i buy the adapter for it, I can plug the thing into my good PC and access it via USB as though it were a removable drive. From there, I can theoretically use the tools I have available to me to scan and clean the laptop drive. BUT, the virus infecting this system is EPIC. Is there a way I can block all incoming information from this drive to protect my good PC?
Hi txman,

You are being looked after in the HJT forum by Oldman960. Please stay with the expert advice you will receive there. We do not assist here in the tech forums until your computer has been cleared of Malware.

If you want further help when you are cleared feel free to post back here for more assistance.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI