Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Anyone Know What Remind_xp.exe Is For?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kltsin

kltsin

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:24 AM

Using MSCONFIG; Remind_XP.exe is Image Name Command is Reminder.exe located in c:\windows\creator So I have surfed the internet and it only shows up in HJT logs. Most sites that specialize in startup items dont have a clue and are asking for help, well my friend has this on his system and he kept getting a popup with the date and time in a blank web page. So I beg you to help me find a clue, what the heck is it for!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:09 AM

Pacmans statup list is what is used by most readers of hijackthis logs - and it shows this.

?
Reminder
Remind_XP.exe
Probably a registration reminder - but what for? Found in a C:\Windows\Creator directory

So no one has yet registered with that website the details of if it is required (or not) to be run at system start.
Please look in the folder

C:\Windows\Creator

See what other programs are in that - and can you tell what they are. If so please let us know so we can get that database updated.

If you have spybot S&D use the advanced mode, startup list, and untick to disable from running reboot and tell us if anything complains that it is not running (like the programs from that folder - that you may use)

Regards
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."

#3 kltsin

kltsin

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunatly I am unable to list the files or email them to you since I am working on some elses log file in the Compaq forum... As I am not a security expert but do use pacs site for clsids and startup items I often post some of the logs here to make sure I am correct. Anywho , i will see if that user is willing to tell me or send them to me.

#4 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:13 AM

You would always be better getting the user to post directly with us.
=====================
But what about getting the training yourself ?

Classroom at TomCoyotes
http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."