This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Annoying sound from speakers

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently had a friend build me this computer: AMD 64X2 6400+ 3.2 GHz Memory 3.25 GB Vista 32 bit GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express At approximately every 30 seconds I hear a short static sound coming from the speakers that lasts maybe 1/2 second, the sound is pretty consistent, I have checked my connections any suggestions on what is causing this, Also when I play music on the speakers you don’t hear these sounds, it only occurs when the speaker are not in use. Could it be a static buildup? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi kitisi,

There could be a dozen reasons why you are receiving this momentary static sound. Try to troubleshoot the various links here to see if they help at all. This should get you going, but post back for more assistance if required.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI