Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cheating

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessejames713

jessejames713

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

I suspect my girlfriend might be cheating on me but I can't find enough proof. she uses my laptop and I can see what she was loking at to some dgree but was wondering if there is any way out there to give me the truth, whether it be good or bad. Thanks for taking the time to rad this. Jesse

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:21 AM

No Spying on your girlfriend will do nothing to help your relationship with her. I suggest you have an open, honest discussion with her about your concerns. Good luck. CB

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 jessejames713

jessejames713

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

Do you think I would have posted something of this nature without exploring other avenues? This was, and is my last resort. I know it isn't very ethical but life isn't fair sometimes, and with the luck I've had, I can't afford to get shafted once again.

Edited by jessejames713, 03 February 2009 - 09:27 AM.

#4 Mohit

Mohit

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Science Fiction

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:38 AM

Do you think I would have posted something of this nature without exploring other avenues? This was, and is my last resort. I know it isn't very ethical but life isn't fair sometimes, and with the luck I've had, I can't afford to get shafted once again.

Hello James. I am sure CatByte, or anyone else here, didn't mean offense of any sort. We just wanted to shed some light on, as you call it, the ethical aspect of your problem. Besides, there really isn't much you can do to detect her activities as Windows does not store an extensive log of the operations performed on the computer as some applications claim. If she was browsing online, then you might gain some idea of her activities by looking at the visited sites but nothing else.

Sorry we couldn't help you further. :(

-- Mohit

#5 jessejames713

jessejames713

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:49 AM

Thanks anyway you guys. Keep it E-z

#6 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hi Jesse, We wish you the very best, in your difficult situation. Jesse, I'm glad you decided to join our community. :thumbup: And I'm sure impressed (once again) by the thoughtfulness and respect shown by our helper Members. Way to go people! Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#7 Missouri Mobile

Missouri Mobile

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:production. and by production i mean producing things... music, art, websites, movies, videos, tutorials, computers, results...

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

Some may consider a keylogger "spyware" but when it is used for a legitimate purpose it can be very helpful... Using a keylogger to find out if your siginificant other is cheating can be debatable as a legitimate purpose... However I must say... If you are that concerned about your siginifcant other cheating on you and you have already confronted her about it but yet still do not believe her then personally I think you are in an unhealthy relationship and need some professional counseling... I am not trying to disrespect you or anything like that but trust is the #1 priority in any relationship... And if you do not have any trust then there is a larger issue at hand... Regardless if she is cheating on you...
.:BACK:UP:YOUR:DATA:. Missouri Mobile - Online 25/8 - Bridging Imagination and Computing