This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

How do I know if I am being hijacked?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was poking around in the recesses of my computer the other day and found that I had a whole bunch of scheduled tasks going on that I had no clue about. All were set up at the same time by someone I allowed to use my computer. Now, prior to this I had been having trouble with the computer locking up all the time, she said she could fix that problem and she did. However, it has come to my attention this woman is not only a theif but a profiler. Since the scheduled task discovery, I found where something or someone had enabled remote access and apparently (forgive my ignorance) gotten into my computer. Or so it appears. I need to know how can I tell for sure and is there a way to track down the culprit? The final straw came the other day when an email alluding to her setting me up for god knows what arrived in my inbox, her last line was "hahahahahahahahaha." I am greatly distressed by all of this and would sincerely appreciate any help available.
hi gingerkid, normally the actions of malware can provide some clues to a problem like: popups, page redirects, new icons, fake security warnings, etc. but this dosnt have to be the case at all. or somebody could put a keylogger on your computer or you could install one by clickng a e-mail attachment. this sounds like your case. this is for the lamers, a true hacker wouldnt do this. a keylogger is a app that can record key strokes, capture chat, take random screenshots and e-mail the results to somebody at intervals . first thing i would do is: not do anything sensitive or financial on your computer. run your updated antivirus and any anti-spyware apps you might have. shelf life

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI