Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Yahoo messenger broke last night

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Micha'El

Micha'El

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:13 AM

Scenereo, in personal chat with a buddy, with bluetooth on, i shut the bluetooth off, (normally this switches to onboard speakers and mic) and the speakers no longer work for voice calls. I have rebooted, reinstalled yahoo messenger, deleted all registry entries for yahoo, etc. Nothing seems to work, when I talk into the mic it picks up and he can hear me, but I cannot hear him. I tried the preferences > calling and devices, that does nothing. I tried windows audio settings, nothing. When i plug my usb in or re attach the bluetooth, it works. (the speaker on the headset) but as soon as I disconnect it, no sound. All the other sounds work (the little blip when you get a message, as well as windows sounds) I have ran the call setup wizard, nothing. My next idea is to delete the reg entries that correspond to the bluetooth device, any idea where I could find them, or any other ideas on how to fix this? Again, I am running windows 7 beta, but normally I can call via yahoo messenger in windows 7, disconnecting the bluetooth while in a call caused this error.

Edited by Micha'El, 03 February 2009 - 08:14 AM.

Slow computer?
How did this happen, I got a virus!!!
Are you about to post a HijackThis log?
Before you use any tools
Do you run Firefox?? You may wish to get the WOT, NoScript and Flashblock addons.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm not familiar with Windows 7. But, it sounds as if your "default" sound device has not changed appropriately. When you plug in the bluetooth a new sound device is detected and it was probably set to the default output device. You might want to verify that the input and output devices are set to your internal sound card. These options are under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in the control panel of Windows XP. Under the "Audio" and "Voice" tab more specifically. Yahoo may also have a setting for the default audio output device. Voice playback may be the wrong device while the sound playback is set to the right device causing you to only be able to hear certain sounds and not your Yahoo messenger voice chat. Sorry I can't be more specific.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Micha'El

Micha'El

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

See, that's the interesting part. My speakers were the default output, I could hear messenger noises, but voice wouldn't work. I ended up reinstalling my soundcard drivers and that corrected it.
Slow computer?
How did this happen, I got a virus!!!
Are you about to post a HijackThis log?
Before you use any tools
Do you run Firefox?? You may wish to get the WOT, NoScript and Flashblock addons.