This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Yahoo messenger broke last night

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Scenereo, in personal chat with a buddy, with bluetooth on, i shut the bluetooth off, (normally this switches to onboard speakers and mic) and the speakers no longer work for voice calls. I have rebooted, reinstalled yahoo messenger, deleted all registry entries for yahoo, etc. Nothing seems to work, when I talk into the mic it picks up and he can hear me, but I cannot hear him. I tried the preferences > calling and devices, that does nothing. I tried windows audio settings, nothing. When i plug my usb in or re attach the bluetooth, it works. (the speaker on the headset) but as soon as I disconnect it, no sound. All the other sounds work (the little blip when you get a message, as well as windows sounds) I have ran the call setup wizard, nothing. My next idea is to delete the reg entries that correspond to the bluetooth device, any idea where I could find them, or any other ideas on how to fix this? Again, I am running windows 7 beta, but normally I can call via yahoo messenger in windows 7, disconnecting the bluetooth while in a call caused this error.
I'm not familiar with Windows 7. But, it sounds as if your "default" sound device has not changed appropriately. When you plug in the bluetooth a new sound device is detected and it was probably set to the default output device. You might want to verify that the input and output devices are set to your internal sound card. These options are under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in the control panel of Windows XP. Under the "Audio" and "Voice" tab more specifically. Yahoo may also have a setting for the default audio output device. Voice playback may be the wrong device while the sound playback is set to the right device causing you to only be able to hear certain sounds and not your Yahoo messenger voice chat. Sorry I can't be more specific.
See, that's the interesting part. My speakers were the default output, I could hear messenger noises, but voice wouldn't work. I ended up reinstalling my soundcard drivers and that corrected it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI