Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Media Management System

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Amorstus

Amorstus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Computers, programming, web design, and gaming.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

I am looking for a ASP based media management system for a website I am working on. I need it to handle Pictures, videos and music. I need it to be something that allows users to upload their own content and share it with the community. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Missouri Mobile

Missouri Mobile

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:production. and by production i mean producing things... music, art, websites, movies, videos, tutorials, computers, results...

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

I am looking for a ASP based media management system for a website I am working on. I need it to handle Pictures, videos and music. I need it to be something that allows users to upload their own content and share it with the community. Any ideas?

http://www.phpmotion.com/

"PHPmotion Media Sharing CMS - PHPmotion is a free video sharing software that also has support for other types of media such as audio/mp3 sharing. The Content Managent System or (media cms application) will allow you to create and run your very own Video Sharing website, Music Sharing Site, Picture Sharing Site. With very little knowledge required you can now have a website just like youtube.com , dailymotion.com, veoh, hi5 and best of all, its 100% free to download and use.

PHPmotion is 100% free to download and to use

Template based design of PHPmotion means you change the look and feel.

A growing user base of over 100 000 webmastes have already downloaded PHPmotion
PHPmotion also has a fully featured admin area to manage your site
Full support for mp3 audio (can be disabled)
Supports playlists
Fully CSS based template for easy editing"

Does this sound like something you are looking for? There are several more out there on the net... I just Google'd "Youtube Clone" and thats the first link that came up that looked promising...
.:BACK:UP:YOUR:DATA:. Missouri Mobile - Online 25/8 - Bridging Imagination and Computing

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hi Amorstus, Hopefully the fine recommendations of Missouri Mobile will have headed you in the right direction for success. Just one note of concern and that's all... just concern. Since a large portion of the Malware that our Forum combats, is sourced from P2P file sharing, we do not support P2P software utilities, except to uninstall them. A "portion" of what you appear to be creating is a site where image and music files can be uploaded and downloaded, we urge you to post appropriate cautions to you readers. Hope you have lots of success. Best Regards, Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

Well, for ASP the only thing that comes to mind is DotNetNuke. Maybe this can handle what you need with the right modules.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#5 Amorstus

Amorstus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Computers, programming, web design, and gaming.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Missouri Mobile, Doug, and appleoddity. And I completely understand your concern doug. I will not tolerate any illegal files, music etc. on my site and I will be sure to make agreement policy on it that ensures that they abide by this. Ill look into these hopefully today and see if I can get something working. Thanks again!