This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

New laptop ,thought i had protected it

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi , I have been here before , got a laptop fixed in the past, I have advised other people to come here on and off. You have always done a great job. Ive learned loads here. I find myself back again.and Im a bit miffed. I bought a new laptop for christmas. before I logged onto internet, I uninstalled Norton, google toolbar, and few potential advert generating thingies. I installed AVG and S&D, I didnt install ADAware ,because it wanted me to click on adverts. (blockbusters etc). I run AVG and S&D daily. AVG finds 80-200 tracking cookies and lists them as potentially dangerous. I often have my privacy set to high , I have no illegal software. Ok, thats my problem. I think this is a spyware problem, Ill post a log in that forum. Thanks all.
Hi charliebeth and welcome back to the forum, I see that LDTate has responded to your post over in the malware removal forum ATF-Cleaner by atribune, is a fine program and I'm sure that regular use will keep a lot of the stuff down to manageable proportions. Regards paws
Welcome back CharlieBeth. [external image: Posted Image]

You'll receive excellent advise from Malware Team and particularly from LDTate.
Give special attention to the closing post that is likely to include utility recommendation. :thumbup:

You are also welcome to visit Security Best Practices.

Best Regards,
Doug
Thank you all for a swift response and solution. Clearing them smelly tracking cookies has nipped in the bud potential trojans and malware, Im pretty convinced of that. Thanks again x Charlie