This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Question regarding self-help directions

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

The instructions are posted below Spyware/Malware/Virus Removal> Self-help Fixes for Spyware/Malware and then under important topics, Before Posting A Hijackthis Log "Self Help." In the initial part of the instructions provided, it tells you to clear "Hide protected operating system files." When I tried to clear it as according to the instructions, it gave me a pop-up saying disabling this option might cause your computer to be inoperable. So I was just wondering if may be someone can tell me should I still peruse according to the instructions given or there is something else I need to do. Thank you.
:welcome: abcd,

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Please be patient waiting for a Malware figher to answer your log posted in the HJT forum. The fighters are very busy which is normal here on WTT. If you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here

best regards,

The instructions are posted below Spyware/Malware/Virus Removal> Self-help Fixes for Spyware/Malware and then under important topics, Before Posting A Hijackthis Log "Self Help."

In the initial part of the instructions provided, it tells you to clear "Hide protected operating system files."
When I tried to clear it as according to the instructions, it gave me a pop-up saying disabling this option might cause your computer to be inoperable.
So I was just wondering if may be someone can tell me should I still peruse according to the instructions given or there is something else I need to do.



Thank you.

I replied to your HJT log yesterday.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/13_problems_…can_t99041.html