meme3160
Topic Starter
I updated windows and after rebooting I got a messege saying I had a corrupt file. tHIS IS WHAT THE MESSEGE READ:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows SAetup using the original Setup CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.
Selecting 'r' is not an option. Can I do a recovery console and will this save all my files etc. I can't bear to lose anything.
INspiron 600m Windows XP professional
-Thanks
M
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows SAetup using the original Setup CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.
Selecting 'r' is not an option. Can I do a recovery console and will this save all my files etc. I can't bear to lose anything.
INspiron 600m Windows XP professional
-Thanks
M