This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Spyware Guard 2008 will not allow me to run hijackthis, malwarebytes,

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have a Windows XP laptop that has been severly infected with the Spyware Guard 2008. I have tried to run Hijackthis, malwarebytes…. you name it I have tried, it will look like it is about to install and then it will flash a screen so fast, I can't read….. I have tried running these programs in safe mode and that does not work. I have seen several postings with similar problems, but nothing seems to work. I tried to rename hicakthis to another name.exe and that does not work either. I can run spydoctor, ccleaner, and a few others but not the ones that I have researched and found to be the best at removing this DEVIL. Please, please help… I know format would fix the problem, except their are a few critical programs that i need that I cannot reinstall right now. Thanks for any and all help.
_________________________________
Welcome to the Forums.

The fixes we will use are specific to your problems and should only be used for this issue on this machine.

Please only use this topic to reply to. Do not start another thread.
If any other issues arise let me know.
The process is not instant.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear.
Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
So lets do this to the end!


  • Save and quit any work your doing before beginning the fix.
  • All hijackthis logs I ask for should be done in normal mode ( not safe mode)
  • These logs should be done last after you have followed my instructions in the previous post.
  • DO NOT be installing new programs while you run Hijackthis.
  • If I do not hear from you in 5 days from my last post this topic will be closed.


Please if you decide to seek help at another forum let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and tying 2 of us up is a waste of time.
If you have any questions about any advice given here please STOP and ask!



RE Name HJT.
_________________________________
Right click on hijackthis.exe and choose rename:
Rename it to noname:



Now try and run the program.
and post the log back here as a reply to THIS topic.
Thanks for your response, however I was able to get it fixed. THankfully I did, becaue I had a pc at work today to have the same thing. I found an atf cleaner that I ran, and after that I was able to run malwarebytes and it removed it. I did rename hijackthis to get it to run also. I have not been able to read more into atf cleaner but that I will keep to my favorites. Thanks again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI