Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Hello,
I am so happy to find you via Sammy's issue with this speedapps thing taking over his google resulted in his post showing up on my latest search. Unlike him I know when and where i got this from downloading a shareware video editing program off of cnet downloads.com. I am really surprised as i have been using them for over ten years without one hitch. I guess nothings safe anymore.
anyways it installed itself on my yahoo toolbar even though i went in and disabled it it keeps throwing script errors ran top 3 anti virus full scans no change then upgraded to ie 8 and they ran a full malware scann still throwing script errors and opening ie windows. installed firfox so i had some ability to access the internet. uninstalled ie 8 and moved ie7's exe files to recyecle bin still no help. ran healthys pc cleaner no help
I followed all the steps you gave sammy re: this issue and i am here
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
I have not made you a log yet because this is my first time here and i don't know how yet. I am hoping this just might work but wanted to let you know the last post was helping someone else from going crazy
thanks