This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Internet won't work after Real Antivirus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I thought I had everything fixed after a Real Antivirus infection on my computer. After many frustrating hours, everything seems to be working correctly again, except my internet. It was working while the virus was around, but now it's not. I don't know what I have done to it! I have McAfee running. To remove the virus, I tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-malware, but it wouldn't work. So I ran Dr Web and it removed stuff. Then the Malwarebytes worked and removed the rest. Everything seems to be working fine now, but I cannot connect to the internet. At times, my computer says: Google Desktop did not start up successfully. It also says I have a cable unplugged, but I don't. It something to do with my ethernet. Is this maybe a driver problem? I can pull up Firefox, but the pages are blank. :pullhair: I have tried to read through the forums to see if I can find help with other answers, but I'm a bit clueless. I saw something about trying to ping, but I don't know how to do that. I also don't have a clue about the log stuff. I'm on my desktop, with internet access, this is my laptop with this issues. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI