Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RetiredChief

RetiredChief

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

Yesterday my son was doing his homework on the internet, we run Windows XP and use Firefox, he finished and put computer on standby. Later I went to do mine but could not connect with Firefox, Internet Explorer or Netscape. I ran MBAM and Windows Malicious Virus Removal and came up with nothing. When the Firefox window opens, It tells me to "Go to File and Uncheck Work Off Line" wich I do, but it still comes up with unable to load page. I checked with Comcast and they ran through re-setting my modem, no joy. I then hooked my laptop to the router, still no Internet. I then hooked my son's laptop up and it works fine so I can assume my router is good. I noticed I was having issues since installing an AVG suite after getting hit with the "Antivirus 2010" virus two weeks ago. Everything worked fine until yesterday. AVG would not connect to get updates so I thought that may be the problem and removed the suite from my computer, did a re-start and Firefox still comes up with "Go to File and Uncheck Work Off Line" and will not connect at all. Any help or ideas? Maybe buy a new computer? Chief

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hi Chief, welcome to WhatTheTech.

Give this FF Add-on a try, see what happens: Disable Automatic Offline Management 1.1

Next, do the following:

Click on Start then Run and paste the following into the Run box:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here.
Close the Notepad window and the Command Prompt window will also close.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 RetiredChief

RetiredChief

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

Ztrucker, Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a shot, but Idon't know how I will get the Notepad file from my home computer to the one at work, which is what I am replying on now. I cannot use a zip drive on my work computer. I'll see if I can send it from my son's laptop via my personal e-mail at home. Cheers! Chief :blush: