This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Experts I need you help removing spyware from a laptop. Hijackthis log

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys,

I have a very inexperienced user who managed to gte his system into a bad state. He seems to have several spyware apps running and taking over his browser. I used spybot and Adaware to try and clean up waht I could. I then ran a utility I found called SmitREM (Not really sure what it did). I ran hijack this and lokoed through the logs, but I am not an expert like found here. Would you mind scanning and telling me what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hijackthis

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI