This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] PC IN NEED OF DESPERATE HELP!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Since coming back from university I have been told, the PC my Grandma and Brother share, has been hacked!!! I have had a look at the PC but cannot see any reason why they believe its been hacked or any other problems, however when I tried to paste a HiJackThis log the wrong version is on the PC and when I go to install a newer version it just says this object is blocked. Does anyone know what I should do to restore this PC back to working order and what programmes are best to have to keep the PC running well and how to install the newest version of HiJackThis??? Any help will be greatly recieved!!!!! Cheers, Phil.
You could try System Restore. 1. Click Start. 2. Point to All Programs. 3. Point to Accessories. 4. Point to System Tools. 5. Click System Restore. 6. Follow the instructions on the wizard. See if you can find a date the the PC worked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI