What the Tech Community
Hi Y'all, noobie from Oklahoma.
4 min read
Tom G
Topic Starter
Hi Y'all, I'm an ol' 68 y/o Okie curmudgeon that knows just enough about PC's to be dangerous with mine, which seems to continually keep me in trouble.
This looks like a good place where maybe y'all can explain things to me in a way I can understand.
Best regards,
Tom
tallin
Satchfan
Mohit
Hello and Welcome to WhattheTech? Forums Tom.
Enjoy the Forums and Merry Christmas!
– Mohit
Satchfan
Hi Mohit,
I notice you have taken the plunge and gone for your first Practice Log - well done.
Merry Christmas to you.
Satchfan
Tom G
Thanks one and all and a very Merry Christmas to y'all as well.
Now I just gotta figure out what forum to post my problems in.

Tomk
Please give a brief description of your problem and we can help with that.Thanks one and all and a very Merry Christmas to y'all as well.
![]()
Now I just gotta figure out what forum to post my problems in.![]()
tallin
Tom G,
Give us a hint what the problems are and we can perhaps direct you to the correct sub-forums to post.
If you by any chance make a mistake, the powers that be will always move your post to the correct forum, so don't stress where to post them, just let them come.
Kind regards, 
Tom G
Thanks Tallin!
Ever since Firefox came out with their new 3.0.5 upgrade when I bring up the browser to go online I get a notice that I have one new add-on update, doesn't say which one but I'm pretty sure it's "NoScript."
In addition to that besides my home page I get a notice that Firefox has upgraded me to the new 3.0.5 upgrade one one page and on another I get a notice that "NoScript" has upgraded me to the new 1.8.7.6 upgrade.
In addition I have what I think is a suspicious BHO in my HiJackThis Log file.
tallin
Hi Tom G,
I am not a fan of FF, but it is not your problem at the moment, I think you need someone with Tomk who responded to this thread.
To post a HJT log in the correct forum, please go to this link and follow thoroughly thanks….
The first available Malware fighter will be in touch as soon as they are free to help you.
kind regards,
I am not a fan of FF, but it is not your problem at the moment, I think you need someone with Tomk who responded to this thread.
To post a HJT log in the correct forum, please go to this link and follow thoroughly thanks….
The first available Malware fighter will be in touch as soon as they are free to help you.
kind regards,
Satchfan
Good luck Tom G and welcome to WTT
Tallin, as a Malware Classroom student here, and as I regard you as one of the most renowned experts can you qualify this, as I thought it was more secure than IE.
Satchfan
I am not a fan of FF
Tallin, as a Malware Classroom student here, and as I regard you as one of the most renowned experts can you qualify this, as I thought it was more secure than IE.
Satchfan
tallin
Hi Satchfan,Good luck Tom G and welcome to WTT
Tallin, as a Malware Classroom student here, and as I regard you as one of the most renowned experts can you qualify this, as I thought it was more secure than IE.SatchfanI am not a fan of FF
First of all thank you for the compliment. I am far from an expert, and can with my personal experience tell you why I do not like FF. May I add the reasons are minor and personal.
- It slows me down more than I care to be retarded
- It will not load my Bookmarks within my Google Toolbar even though I am logged on to my Google account
- Many well respected techies cannot give me a fix for this, along with the Troubleshooting and FAQ within FF
- I would agree it maybe more secure than IE, but with a well protected system as mine are and as are my clients I prefer IE without the hassles.
Best regards to you for a very Happy Festive Season.
Mohit
No. On the contrary you are better than many tech "experts" I have seen.First of all thank you for the compliment. I am far from an expert, and can with my personal experience tell you why I do not like FF. May I add the reasons are minor and personal.
You might need an extension to sort that out. Perhaps this one.It will not load my Bookmarks within my Google Toolbar even though I am logged on to my Google account
Agreed. Each one to his own preference.I would agree it maybe more secure than IE, but with a well protected system as mine are and as are my clients I prefer IE without the hassles.
Sorry didn't mean to turn this into a technical thread but couldn't restrain myself. Merry Christmas to all!
– Mohit
tallin
Hi Mohit,
Thanks for the link, I have that one, been there done that as the saying goes.
Appreciate your compliments, they are taken with respect.
Best regards,
Satchfan
Tallin and Mohit, MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you and those important to you have a happy time together.
Tallin, regarding Mohit's comments,:
I have only been using forums for less than a year, but I already have a very good regard for certain people that help at different "well-regarded" ones and you are defifitrely one of them.
Mohit, for someone so young, I think your enthusiasm and expertise are to be commended. Keep up the good work - you've found a good forum. Good luck.
Regards
Satchfan
Tallin, regarding Mohit's comments,:
No. On the contrary you are better than many tech "experts" I have seen
I have only been using forums for less than a year, but I already have a very good regard for certain people that help at different "well-regarded" ones and you are defifitrely one of them.
Mohit, for someone so young, I think your enthusiasm and expertise are to be commended. Keep up the good work - you've found a good forum. Good luck.
Regards
Satchfan