stevieg2007
Topic Starter
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help?
I own an AMD64, 32bit Compaq SR1619 UK, ATi X200 desktop PC
I have spent the last three days resetting my wife's ipod, as the itunes didnt recognise it, though it showed up in my pc. During this process, I began checking out if my usb drivers were up to date, to find that windows automatic updates had not been that 'automatic'.
After using RadarSync to identify a number of critical components which were soooo out of date, I downloaded several updates and scanned until nothing else came up.
I thought I had cracked the problem when itunes and ipod were harmoniously reunited and the HP Update Assistant suddenly woke up to announce I needed to install several critical updates to my system. After days of fiddling and thinking I'd solved the problem, the missus goes on it and the browser gets hijacked all over the place.
I've solved a similar problem in the past by following this forum, but I'm not confident enough to tackle this on my own. If I attempt this on my own, I'll end up like one of those DIYers whose turned a perfectly comfy house into a shell of a hovel. Help!
stevie2007