This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

userenv.dll problem?

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have opened the Event Viewer (XP Professional) and went Applications and noticed many, many entries wih the ERROR tag next to it. In the Properties for the entry its says: 'Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.' In the Properties hyperlink it mentions the file userenv.dll, file version 5.1.2600.5512 Any ideas whats happening and how to solve it?
Hi Bluesnapper First off, let me hear if you have been or are using IE8 beta?? Secondly, have you recently experienced any other problems with your user-profile? regards Abydos

Hi Bluesnapper

First off, let me hear if you have been or are using IE8 beta??

Secondly, have you recently experienced any other problems
with your user-profile?

regards Abydos


Re IE8.

Yes I did, thought I would give it a try, caused more problems than it was worth so I got rid and went back to IE7.

Re user profile.

Not that I am aware of. But when booting up my PC is taking longer to get to the splash screen (the one with the blue progress bar moving across). The screen then goes blank (instead of going onto to the usual user log in screen) and can take 20 or 30 seconds before the user log in screen appears.
Hi Bluesnapper

Could you please do the following.

We are going to take a peek only, into your registry.
So no pilfering yet :)

Goto start
Click Run
Type: Regedit

The registry editor will now open.
Follow this string in the registry tree.

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions=

In the right pane window, see if you can locate:

{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}",,0x00000000,"Internet Explorer Machine Accelerators"

Report your findings.

Regards Abydos

Hi Bluesnapper

Could you please do the following.

We are going to take a peek only, into your registry.
So no pilfering yet :)

Goto start
Click Run
Type: Regedit

The registry editor will now open.
Follow this string in the registry tree.

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions=

In the right pane window, see if you can locate:

{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}",,0x00000000,"Internet Explorer Machine Accelerators"

Report your findings.

Regards Abydos


Could only go as far as {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}

The right hand pane says:

AB(Default)
REG_SZ
value not set


Also noticed that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} had the same entry in the right pane.
Hi Bluesnapper

Good job :thumbup:

Its no problem you couldn't locate the last bit.

Before we go editing in your registry, I would like you to
download this program:

Erunt

Install and run the tool.

Use this guide on how to backup

Erunt Backup Guide

Next locate the registry entry once again (use above info)

Highlight by clicking the {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}
Choose Export in the Files menu
Close the registry editor
Delete the file now located on your desktop

That should be it.

This is a common un-install issue with IE8, and nothing to worry about.

Regards and happy Christmas

Abydos

Also noticed that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} had the same entry in the right pane.


Hi Bluesnapper

That one might have to go also, as it is also a string belonging to IE8.
But delete the first one first, and see how it behaves.

Regards Abydos

Hi Bluesnapper

Good job :thumbup:

Its no problem you couldn't locate the last bit.

Before we go editing in your registry, I would like you to
download this program:

Erunt

Install and run the tool.

Use this guide on how to backup

Erunt Backup Guide

Next locate the registry entry once again (use above info)

Highlight by clicking the {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}
Choose Export in the Files menu
Close the registry editor
Delete the file now located on your desktop

That should be it.

This is a common un-install issue with IE8, and nothing to worry about.

Regards and happy Christmas

Abydos


Problem?

I have done that but if I go back into the regedit process and I have seen that that entry is still there.

Should I have deleted it also from that list as well as the Desktop?

Should I have deleted it also from that list as well as the Desktop?


Yes please. Sorry about that.

Regards Abydos


So far so good.

Thanks for that.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI