This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Long-strands ofnonsense.exe are driving me crazy

26 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

…..TomK….. Oh.. I see.. I was worried you didn't like me anymore! ….. :) Cool.. Just let me know when you guys have some more insight. You have been fantastic so far! Thank you bunches! Hope to hear something soon…. .b.
Hey.. I was a little confused about that website.. I guess it sort of clarified some things.. Anythings else you want to me explore or try? BTW.. Have you been involved with computers for a long time? Is that what you do for a living? Exactly how old are you? I'm just wondering because I think all this would be great to learn. And, I'm interested in joining the WTT classroom… ^_^ Okie.. Hope to hear something soon…
bbernadettee,

What happened when you went to that page? Did it load or warn you about spoofing?

Some more things to try.

Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine,
amount of memory, hard drives installed etc (BOOT SCREEEN).
At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Now start Firefox and go to ebay. What happens?

In normal mode, start Firefox and then click on Tools then Add-ons.
Select Plugins. Highlight each and every one of them and select Disable
Select Themes and verify that only Default 3.0.5 exists there.
With all of them disabled, go to ebay and see what you get. Let me know.

If ebay appears normal, turn each of the Plubins on one at a time. Test your browser after each enable. Save NASA Night Launch as the last one to turn back on.
Let me know how it goes.
TomK… :wall: Now, for some reason, I can't even get onto the internet in normal mode. Only in Safe mode! This happened a couple days ago and I just turned off Scotty and my Outpost Firewall. Now, I tried to do that and the internet wont work at all.. It doesn't work in any of the browsers I have. (opera, mozilla, IE) :unsure: Have any suggestions? BTW.. when I go to ebay.com in safe mode it's still the spoof site.. Thanks..
Okie.. :woot: The eBay problem is fixed! I think it may have been the Nasa theme that I had. I disabled every plugin and Nasa theme, then ebay worked! So, I enabled every plugin separately. Then I checked ebay after each plugin. And ebay worked after every one. So, perhaps it was the Nasa theme. In which I have removed forever! Ok, I was now able to reach the internet in normal mode. I think, perhaps, it's my Outpost configuration. Because I turned off Scotty first and still wasn't able to reach the internet.. Then I completely turned off Outpost. After that, I was able to use all the browsers…. Can you help me configure Outpost? Thank you soooooooooo much!!! :D
bbernadettee,

First off: :woot: Glad you got it solved!

Secondly: There has been a issue going around that I don't think effects you but this quick little fix hurts absolutely nothing to run so I'd like you to do it just in case.
  • Copy the following in your clipboard by highlighting it all, then right click and select copy.
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE" /ve /t REG_SZ /d %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\Binaries\MSCONFIG.EXE /f
  • Click START in the lower left of your screen
  • Then click RUN
  • Now right-click in the runbox then select Paste
  • Click OK
You may see a black box flash but other than that you will notice nothing. No report or anything.

And finally: I know nothing about Outpost. :blush: I suggest that you post a questions here where the Tech Team will surely be able to answer all your questions.

Please post back that this sounds reasonable to you and then I'll close this thread Resolved. :thumbup:
TomK..

Well, you have been great! And I was wondering if I could ever come back to you for help? Everything seems to be working much better and I'm happy that you were here to assist with promptness!

:wavey:
Thanx
bbernadettee,

I was wondering if I could ever come back to you for help?

NO! I forbid you to ever need help again! :rofl:

I hope you come back often to read and learn. However, if you ever need help again, we will be here and more than willing to do what we can.

You are very welcome!

Glad we could help.

Have a Happy New Year.

Good Luck and Be Well. :thumbup:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI